Saturday, October 27, 2018
Today, in Mercy, our readings are not reassuring. They basically tell us that it’s a tough world out there, and it might get us – body and/or soul. They tell us to straighten up and live right before it’s too late!
I don’t really like the “in your face” readings, but they certainly are clear and effective. Just picture that poor fig tree, trying like crazy – for three years – to bear fruit! I know that I’ve been trying my whole life to overcomes some of my fruitlessness. I certainly hope God continues to be patient with me!
Nevertheless, the message of today’s Gospel is clear. Don’t take that patience for granted.Repent of any small godlessness you’re clinging to.
- Forgive the recent and long ago hurts you’ve locked up inside.
- Make amends for any meannesses you can remember.
- “Show and Tell” your love to the people who love you.
- Show and Tell your blessing to the people who don’t.
- Be Mercy every time you get a chance.
Paul says it like this: Live the truth in love.
Let’s do it while we can.
Music: Amazing Grace ~ sung by Sean Clive